Figured out how to get the 8.3 filenames converted back into long filenames.

$$Rename.txt file saved in $oem$\$1\$$Rename.txt:
------------------------
[\drivers\video\R165797]
IGMED~V3.DLL="igmedcompkrn.dll"

[\drivers\input\R165804]
WdfCo~6I.DLL="WdfCoInstaller01005.dll"

I'm not sure if the truncating is consistent across various servers or
drivers so you should probably check what it truncates to with your
particular setup.

I really love how Microsoft's documentation on this wasn't exactly
accurate...