I didn't actually use the linux distribution I just used netbsd because that is
what I like.

Figure out the linux distribution and version and ask I'm sure someone will
help you.

This google search yielded some answers and if the distribution was added it
would probably work.

linux rebuild initrd add network driver - Google Search

Unfortunately for you I seem to be the only left on this list and I have no
idea.

Good Luck,

Ben