At 10:09 +0200 2003-06-27, Jony Rosenne wrote:
Whatever you do, any new characters designed for solving these problems
should not be in the Hebrew block. Add a new Biblical Hebrew block, clearly
labeled as not intended for regular Hebrew use.

And I suggest that whenever a proposal comes up to the UTC, it would be
advantageous to involve Israeli Biblical scientists in the review.

We've wanted *that* for a long time. Indeed it is a long-standing request that Israeli experts help to map the TC46 8-bit standard with cantillation marks to Unicode. Can you help facilitate this?
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com