      From: "Jeffery, Clint (jeffe...@uidaho.edu)" <jeffe...@uidaho.edu>
 To: Steve Graham <jsgraha...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:15 PM
 Subject: Re: [Unicon-group] Creating a maze game

#yiv0672527804 #yiv0672527804 -- P
{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv0672527804 Steve,
Regarding the scrolling of the screen, while it is possible to render the
entire scene in a gigantic hidden window offscreen, and then copyarea with the
current x,y offsets to fill the current visible window with a rectangular
subregion of the full scene, it is moretypical for these applications to
represent the full scene using a data structure, and draw the screen by walking
through the data structure, rendering only those items that appear (or
partially appear) within the window.
Feel free to ask followup questions.  I kind of need to add a side-scroller
example to my game book.
Cheers,Clint