I would like to create a game for some grandsons:  Something that would include
typical maze elements (walls, barriers, traps, jumping platforms, etc) and
would allow them to enter in "code" to create or modify some of the elements.
It would be hosted on a Windows 7+ platform (platform-agnostic would be better
for me) and would be coded in a lisp-family language (CL, Scheme, Racket, Arc,
Logo, etc), Unicon and/or JavaScript.  I have been learning CL and Scheme, know
a bit of Arc and Logo and a bit more of Unicon and JavaScript.
While I have been a medical information systems programmer for most of my
career, it has been focused on CRUD (create/retrieve/update/delete)
applications and interfacing (HL7 and proprietary).  I have virtually no
experience with GUI and audio applications.
Here are some questions that have occurred to me:1.  Which languages would be
best?2.  Which toolkits would help?  OpenGL?3.  Can this be done on a
browser?4.  How does one control scrolling in different directions?  Do you
create the screen in memory and then instruct the system to scroll in the
direction of the newly created portion?5.  Could you interface with one of the
available free game engines?
Obviously this would not have to be world-class.  Just something a 10 and 12
year old might like and perhaps from which they could learn how to do some
elementary coding.
Regarding Unicon, I would like the ability to put in code during the play of
the game -- like eval() in other languages -- and wonder if that is even
possible in Unicon.
I would appreciate your input.

Thanks, Steve