From: Steve Wampler <swamp...@noao.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:22:52 PM
To: unicon-group@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Unicon-group] Svn Update

On 06/15/2017 11:38 PM, Jafar Al-Gharaibeh wrote:
 > Status Update:
 >
 >    While not done yet but the progress that has been made so far is enough
 > to allow people to give the new changes a
 > try. Basically, what we are trying to do is move a way from any "manual"
 > configuration where end users don't have to
 > edit files to define this or enable that to control whether a particular
 > feature is enabled or not.  We are also leaving
 > no chance of guessing on the end user part to get the correct configuration
 > for an underlying platform. The
 > configuration script should be able to figure it out on its own in the vast
 > majority of cases. We will update the
 > documentation on the website in the next few days on how to build or
 > configure Unicon moving forward. The instructions
 > are easy, checkout the sources and just do:
 >
 > ./configure && make
 >
 > And  that is all you need (crossing fingers).

On my Linux/CentOS 7 system, I had a few problems:

'make Pure' - no issues.

svn update - kept failing because it would find unversioned Makefiles
    and an occassional unversioned directory.  Kept removing those and
    rerunning the update until no more failures.

./configure && make - failed the first time on the make.  It
    printed out the old help message:
    UNIX: Run "make Configure name=system" or "make X-Configure name=system" or
"make build name=system"
       where system is one of those in config/unix.
    Windows (MSVC): Run "nmake NT-Configure" or "nmake W-Configure".
    Windows (GCC): Run "make NT-Configure-GCC" or "make W-Configure-GCC".
    Windows (both): Then add the Unicon bin directory to your path.
    All: after configuration, run "make (or nmake) Unicon".
    A quick showed that the main Makefile hadn't been updated.
    Removed it, did an svn update on it and reran command.

./configure && make - (#2) no problems building icont, iconc, and unicon,
    and most of the *.icn code through compiling webup.icn.  Then:
    make[3]: *** No rule to make target `event.u', needed by `all'.  Stop.
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/disk/opt/svn/unicon/unicon/uni/lib'
    make[2]: *** [lib] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/disk/opt/svn/unicon/unicon/uni'
    make[1]: *** [Unicon] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/disk/opt/svn/unicon/unicon'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    There is a file 'event.u' in ipl/lib, but I can't figure out
    why Makefile in uni/lib thinks event.u needs to be built as
    it's not listed in UFILES!

help?

Thanks!
Steve