Hey,

i solved that problem. The issue is related to activemq, at least in my case.
When deploying my artifact I used a custom deployment plan for the resource
adapter, in which I configured my activemq broker. The –schedulersupport- for
this broker must be disabled.
See this thread for more information:

http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Problem-starting-geronimo-ActiveMQ-td1563093.html

Be aware that you might have to change it  at two different places, first in
the deployment plan you might use to deploy your artifact and second in the
global activemq configuration of Geronimo. I missed the config in my deployment
plan.
In my case the deployment plan containing the configuration of the resource
adapter of the broker looks something like this:

…
<conn:resourceadapter-instance>

<conn:resourceadapter-name>jms/config/resources</conn:resourceadapter-name>
                                  <conn:config-property-setting
name="ServerUrl">vm:broker:/DefaultActiveMQBroker?broker.create=yes&amp;broker.schedulerSupport=false&amp;broker.useShutdownHook=false&amp;async=false&amp;network=true&amp;jms.watchTopicAdvisories=false&amp;jms.copyMessageOnSend=false&amp;jms.persistent=false</conn:config-property-setting>
…
                           </conn:resourceadapter-instance>
…

Note the -broker.schedulerSupport=false- setting.

The global activemq configuration can be found in
$GERONIMO_HOME/repository/org/apache/Geronimo/configs/activemq-broker-blueprint/3.0.1/activemq-broker-blueprint-3.0.1.car/OSGI-INF/blueprint

Maybe it helps somebody.

Cheers,
Oemer