so that we could then look at the unwrapped mesh and see how
it has been textured ?

Did I miss something :-?
Something like this.
http://the-final.com/rs/UV-Ogl.jpg
Matthias

Listen ... , Moe :

Yes , you missed it every single time I drug you down to
the river to drink the red/green/blue water .

I'll try again .

Look at the attached image (again) . This is a screen cap of
the 'UV Coords' in the 'UV Editor' . It is an unwrapped mesh .

As you can plainly see , it is untextured .
Now , what I asked , originally , was , "why not texture this
with OpenGL so that we can get instant feedback about how our
mesh is being textured , without having to constantly look at
the actual model .. try to spin it around etc etc etc ?" .

 If you aren't getting this tiny point , then you must not
be understanding any of this whole complete thread .

I'll try this one again , too . (look below , not above) .

You said it was easy to unwrap a mesh by first desroying all
the UV's . You said , (quote) "with totally destroyed UVs" .

So , how do we "totally destroy the UV's" ? Which button do
we push ? What is the process ? How can we achieve this ?
Is there a trick ? Do you have a link ? Is it in the manual?
Is it only available on the V6 Demo ? Do you have any advice
on what a person has to do to duplicate this function ? Do
we need ZBrush ? Have you seen the incredible deal on C4D &
BodyPaint 3D combo ? There is an ugly chinese woman down the
hall . Should I throw one into her so that she will translate
these mails ? Is anything easy ? Why not ? I bought a new
quad-core system . Why ? Do I need it to bang my head against
the wall ? Shall I move toward the light ? Is it a train
coming ? What have I accomplished this winter ? Nada ? OK .
Why ? Is this progress ? No . When is Daddy coming home ?
Why are the wolves laughing ?
garry