The procedure is coming back bit by bit in my head now... I'm almost sure I used the excellent HDRShop to convert WorldMachine 32bit floating point RAW output to HDRI.

Great . If you want to do a readme.txt I'll add it to the .zip .

Theoretically, with V6, new opportunities are awaiting with the plants and instancing, but that will be a heavy load on poor RS...

Yep .

I've been working on a VSL shader for rock layers that's really not finished yet, but if anyone is interested I'll upload this project:
http://www.athanor3d.com/pub/isle02_triset.jpg
Maybe it's worth working out this material better.

Well , it's a nice render , and good looking 'Strata' Shader .
I think I've said it a few times ... need a Shader that will
texturize , based on 'Height' (altitude) and 'Mesh Angle' (slope) .

In a new project - a cave- I used a simple noise modified by a curve for displacement of the rocks, and a color that depends on bump height. The result was surprizing:
http://www.athanor3d.com/pub/View07c1.jpg
However, in some viewpoints, displacement rendering artifacts spoil the image :(
-Mark

Nice render !

garry