Its quite possible its well tricked out for Linux.

My major issue with Linux has been that its TCP/IP stack is nowhere near as
scalable as Solaris' for massive numbers of simultaneous connections.  But
thats probably less of an issue with a Cassandra node then it has been with
the game servers I've built.

--
It's always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.