I just would advise against it because it's going to be difficult to narrow
down what's causing problems.  For instance, if you have "Node A" which is
performing GC, it will affect query times on "Node B" which is trying to
satisfy a quorum read.  "Node B" might actually have very low load, and it
will be difficult to understand why it's queries are responding slowly.

Meanwhile, Node A, during the GC pause, will have no disk activity, and
most of the CPUs will not be fully utilized.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do this, but I will say you better have a
really great understanding of every single OS in your cluster.  It's
generally hard to find people who are experts in Linux, Windows, and BeOS.

Of course, if you want to ride that train, you'd probably have a great blog
post.  My guess is it'll end in "our recommendation is 'don't do this'

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com