If you're using C* v2 I suggest you to switch to the latest DataStax JavaDriver which the only one who supports C* v2. Also you can use Astyanax in order to switch to its API but having something like DS JavaDriver under the hood. It may be interesting for you http://techblog.netflix.com/2013/12/astyanax-update.html