Hello,

DS JD

On 03/27/2014 01:06 PM, DE VITO Dominique wrote:
Hi,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ssiv...@gmail.com [mailto:ssiv...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 mars 2014 10:41
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Re: Which hector version is suitable for cassandra 2.0.6 ?

On 03/27/2014 12:23 PM, user 01 wrote:
Btw both Hector & Datastax java driver are maintained by Datastax, &
both for java, this speaks for itself !
I'm not sure about the first statement. What do you mean at the second part of
the sentence?
They are Java-based, but has different API (and I find DS and Astyanax API
quite more convenient that the Hector's one). They are also can be fine-grained
configured.
Astyanax performance is about the same to DS (astx now about 5-10% faster), what I
cannot say about Hector. And the main difference is that the DS supports C* v2
with cql3, prepared statements, its navite  binary > protocol and other
features. For example, using Astyanax versus DS on C* v2 shows unstable results
under the high-load.
Which one shows unstable results under the high-load ? Astyanax ? DS ?

Thanks.

Dominique

Also, CQL is now deprecated and in the future the move is towards CQL3 and thus
the DataStax driver recommended for future development.
Astyanax working on the facade API so, I guess, it will be possible to change
the raw level driver in some cases.

--
Thanks,
Serj