I'm not sure you'd be gaining much by doing this.  This is probably
dependent on the file system you're referring to when you say
journaling.  There's a few of them around,

You could opt to use ext2 instead of ext3/4 in the unix world.  A quick
google search linked me to this:

http://blog.serverbuddies.com/disable-journaling-in-ext3-file-system/

looks like:

tune2fs -O^has_journal /dev/xdy  #disable journaling
tune2fs -j /dev/xdy  #enable journaling.

--
Samir Faci
*insert title*

Sent from my non-iphone laptop.