My gut says you won't see much of a performance boost.  Especially if
you're on SSD as the journal isn't going to be hindered by random write
speed.

Also, I *believe* you will lose filesystem metadata too… which Cassandra
doesn't protect you from.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*