Thanks for the links!

Forgot to mention, using XFS here, as suggested by the Cassandra wiki. But
just double checked and it's apparently not possible to disable journaling
on XFS.

One of ours sysadmin just suggested disabling journaling, since it's mostly
for recovery purposes, and Cassandra already does that pretty well with
commitlog, replication and anti-entropy. It would anyway be nice to know if
there could be any performance benefits from it. But I personally don't
think it would help much, due to the append-only nature of cassandra writes.

--
*Paulo Motta*

Chaordic | *Platform*
*www.chaordic.com.br <http://www.chaordic.com.br/>*