I wasn’t supplying it, I was assuming it was using the default. It does not
exist in my config file. Sorry for the confusion.

From: Benedict Elliott Smith
<belliottsm...@datastax.com<mailto:belliottsm...@datastax.com>>
Date: Wednesday 4 June 2014 16:36
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>"
<user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: memtable mem usage off by 10?

Oh, well ok that explains why I'm not seeing a flush at 750MB. Sorry, I was
going by the documentation. It claims that the property is around in 2.0.

But something else is wrong, as Cassandra will crash if you supply an invalid
property, implying it's not sourcing the config file you're using.

I'm afraid I don't have the context for why it was removed, but it happened as
part of the 2.0 release.

On 4 June 2014 13:59, Jack Krupansky