On 22 October 2016 at 03:37, Seth Edwards <s...@pubnub.com> wrote:

> We're using TWCS and we notice that if we make changes to the options to
> the window unit or size, it seems to implicitly start recompacting all
> sstables.

If you increase the window unit or size you potentially increase the number
of SSTable candidates for compaction inside each window, which is why you
would see more compactions. If you decrease the window you shouldn't see
any new compactions kicked off, however be aware that you will have
SSTables covering multiple windows, so until a full cycle of your TTL
passes your read queries won't benefit from the smaller window size.

Kurt Greaves
k...@instaclustr.com
www.instaclustr.com