Thank you for your response.

I’m using TimeWindowCompactionStrategy.

So if I don't run nodetool compact, will the remaining data not be deleted?

From: Federico Razzoli <federico.razzoli....@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 6:19 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: about remaining data after adding a node

Hi Eunsu,

Are you using DateTieredCompactionStrategy? It optimises the deletion of
expired data from disks.
If minor compactions are not solving the problem, I suggest to run nodetool
compact.

Federico

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 09:51, Eunsu Kim
<eunsu.bil...@gmail.com<mailto:eunsu.bil...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi, all

After adding a new node, all the data was streamed by the newly allocated token.

Since nodetool cleanup has not yet been performed on existing nodes, the total
size has increased.

All data has a short ttl. In this case, will the data remaining on the existing
node be deleted after the end of life? Or should I run nodetool cleanup to
delete it?

Thanks in advance.