On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 11:19 AM Federico Razzoli <
federico.razzoli....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you using DateTieredCompactionStrategy? It optimises the deletion of
> expired data from disks.
> If minor compactions are not solving the problem, I suggest to run
> nodetool compact.

Sorry, but both of the suggestions above are of dubious quality IMO.

Don't use DTCS, use TWCS instead, if your use case is a good fit
(immutable, in-order, TTLd inserts).
Don't trigger major compaction for w/o a very good reason.

In general, compaction can help to get rid of expired data, but it doesn't
remove copies of data for which the node is not responsible anymore due to
topology change.  Use the cleanup command for that.

--
Alex