From: daemeon reiydelle <daeme...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2023 7:38 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Big Data Question

I started to respond, then realized I and the other OP posters are not thinking
the same: What is the business case for availability, data
los/reload/recoverability? You all argue for higher availability and damn the
cost. But noone asked "can

I started to respond, then realized I and the other OP posters are not thinking
the same: What is the business case for availability, data
los/reload/recoverability? You all argue for higher availability and damn the
cost. But noone asked "can you lose access, for 20 minutes, to a portion of the
data, 10 times a year, on a 250 node cluster in AWS, if it is not lost"? Can
you lose access 1-2 times a year for the cost of a 500 node cluster holding the
same data?

Then we can discuss 32/64g JVM and SSD's.
.
Arthur C. Clarke famously said that "technology sufficiently advanced is
indistinguishable from magic." Magic is coming, and it's coming for all of
us....

Daemeon Reiydelle
email: daeme...@gmail.com<mailto:daeme...@gmail.com>
LI: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daemeonreiydelle/
[linkedin.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/in/daemeonreiydelle/__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!N1mRxPwl0tSfRLfEYnmvAswjcTP4hJoaD3cez01eFBEF_XdWXPbfExCyr_FrSTYe9KCKfOoNiLhaQPjzvUoMj-Q$>
San Francisco 1.415.501.0198/Skype daemeon.c.m.reiydelle

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 1:53 PM Joe Obernberger