Thanks for all your answers.

We came to the decision, that it is not a good idea to build a not JEE5
compliant server. So we switched to myfaces 1.2.
On problem is, that we are using tomahawks Tiles view-handler. And this
view-handler is not working with myfaces 1.2. But this is the wrong mailinglist
for that ;)

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Jochen