Georg,
yes, the Webadmin part of Neo4j is a standalone app that only needs
the initial pointer to the server management endpoint, so you should
be able to put it somewhere else if you can initialize it correctly
(Firebug is your friend)

Also, it is built from Coffeescript with a maven plugin that Jake
wrote, so you might keep that step as is and only copy over the
resulting javascript artifacts somewhere else.

Otherwise, maybe we could add an explicit override of the server URL
base endpoint in neo4j-server.properties in order to cover for these
proxying scenarios when generating the server REST enpoints, Jim?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter
Skype       peter.neubauer