Oops, I realized I just lied.

Webadmin will not work if the *root URI of the domain it is accessed from
does not return the "discovery document"* that tells it where to find
management and database resources. We could work around this, for instance
by making webadmins index.html be generated by the server and populated with
some initialization parameters.

We could include this in the discussion about webadmin stories for 1.4?

/Jake

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Jacob Hansson <ja...@voltvoodoo.com> wrote:

> Hey jim, see inline response  :)
>
> On 2011 4 18 12:00, "Jim Webber" <j...@neotechnology.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Jake,
> >
> > [with my RESTafarian hat on]
> >
> > > Will make the server move management stuff to that URI, and webadmin
> will
> > > follow suit. So for your case, you should be able to do:
> > >
> > > org.neo4j.server.webadmin.data.uri=/neo4jdb/db/data/
> > > org.neo4j.server.webadmin.management.uri=/neo4jdb/db/manage/
> > >
> > > I still do not recommend doing this :)
> >
> > Why not? I thought Webadmin just cares about URIs from the discovery
> document, and not so much about their actual structure (since we're trying
> hard to be Web-friendly).
> >
> > Jim
>
> You are absolutely right as far as webadmin is concerned. My reason for
> discouraging it is that it is (usually) a lot easier to run multiple
> services on the same server using subdomains, rather than dealing with
> "merging" paths through proxy configuration.

Jacob Hansson
Phone: +46 (0) 763503395
Twitter: @jakewins