I really like the idea of not giving webadmin "special keys", if that makes
sense. Keeping webadmin separate from the server apart from having its
static files served from there means we have to eat our own dogfood.

That said, webadmin needs to somehow figure out where to place that first
GET call to retrieve the discovery document, and I can only think of a few
ways to do that:

 * Server-generated index.html that contains the correct base URI
 * A GET-parameter or something else other than generating HTML that
webadmin can read on the client-side
 * Assuming, like we do now, that the discovery doc is at "/", and prompting
for it if it isn't there, persisting the result in local storage or a cookie
or something.

The last one sounds particularily hairy, but is the only one I can think of
where we keep the clean separation.. I guess sometimes a pragmatic approach
is better, so unless someone has a better alternative, I'd vote HTML
generation.

/Jake

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Jim Webber <j...@neotechnology.com> wrote:

> Hey Jake,
>
> So would you be in favour of removing the discovery document in favour of a
> server-generated index.html? Or perhaps making it richer (e.g. here's the
> discovery document pertaining to this "host" header)?
>
> Jim

Jacob Hansson
Phone: +46 (0) 763503395
Twitter: @jakewins