ok, I agree I was too short on this one.

What Peter suggested was to start somewhere in a tree (stem) and get the
leafs based on a condition (x.importance > 30). For me, this is similiar
to hierarchies, which are often build with the help nested sets in RDBMS.

Anyways: forget about my comment. The important point is my +1 to
Peter's functionality wish