Hi again,
was out on google for a bit and found some projects aiming on standards
for documentationwriting, maybe could be worth looking at?

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/

maybe can give some inspiration and ideas for how to format and manage
the midgard documentation?