On Jan 18, 2006, at 21:36, med wrote:
Coming from old-Aegir,
I mostly still catch myself thinking - "Nah, too easy, cannot be right"...

Well, there are two things still quite wrong with MidCOM:

1) Site builder -level documentation is not very good (developer docs are) 2) Powerful features like custom datamanager schemas and output templates don't have UIs

Part 1) is slowly getting better as more people get comfortable with the documentation wiki. Especially Arttu has been helping quite a bit lately.

There is some progress in part 2) as well. Tarjei's Aegir2 is being built around the idea of MidCOM being the default way of creating sites with Midgard, and includes a style editor that will (or does?) load the default templates of components as base for users to make their customizations from.

Also, Osku has been doing some work on a schema editor, but is unfortunately now too swamped with work to make a running version. I hope we'll be able to push that forward, though.

I'll try to consolidate the tutorials we already have to
http://www.midgard-project.org/documentation/howto-midcom/

Alex

/Bergie

Henri Bergius