Hi James,

I spent a lot of time looking at this and came to the conclusion that
in 10.04 the dependencies between framework and applications became
too intertwined to make a separate 10.04 framework.  Here are some of
the pages I put together documenting my steps:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/eIOJ
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/nYTW

I haven't used ofbiz for a while, however recently I started using
ofbiz 9.04 and I may take another look at using 9.04 as the basis for
some development effort to make ofbiz more modular (e.g. split the
project up maven style and make the entity engine a separate project
that can be used independently of ofbiz).  There was also a
interesting work by Raj to use OSGi to make the dependencies in ofbiz
more explicit and controllable -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ofbiz-osgi/

David's new project is very interesting, because he will be 'vetting'
all code that gets committed, which doesn't happen with the ofbiz svn
repository.

Cheers,

Chris