1- findClaim() do return the Transition "OK"
2- for your ajax call we do not have to use dialog conf. stuff. work outside
the Dialog
so return null from non-Dialog action!

public String nonDialogAction(){

prepare the ajax call
/*as you mentioned befor the output schould be null*/

return null;
/* will let us refresh the last Dialog-State-View. This View is the
Transition outcome "OK" from a dialog-Action*/
}

public String dialogAction(){
.....do smth..
return OK;