At 3:23 PM -0400 5/20/05, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
It's interesting to have some more complex use cases to test the chain model against...

Absolutely. One thing that would be nice, and maybe it already is and I just don't know enough yet, is to be able to essentially restart the chain at any given point. That of course introduces the possibility of endless loops, but it makes it so that I could just do like restartChain() instead of forwarding back through tbe whole RP cycle.

I'm not sure I think that would be nice ;-) Seems kind of risky, in that it adds a lot of indeterminacy. That's the main reason why lots of us are down on request chaining too.

That's a gut reaction, but without more demand for it and more consideration of possible side effects, it's not something I'd be likely to implement for fun on a Saturday afternoon or anything...

Joe

BTW, we are probably creeping into struts-dev turf on this thread here...
--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Narrow minds are weapons made for mass destruction" -The Ex