Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: I am getting frustrated with LookupDispatchAction

Hi.  I am using struts 1.2.7. My struts-config-xml file has the following:

<action path="/mywizard1"
                name="wizardForm"
            scope="session"
            type="edu.nmsu.psl.userwizard.AddPSLUserWizardAction"
            input="/step1.jsp"
            validate="false"
            parameter="method">
                <forward name="next" path="/step2.jsp"/>
        </action>

my jsp has the following:

But I get the following error in tomcat:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Request[/mywizard1] does not contain handler parameter named 'method'.

Can someone save me from insanity?

Try this instead: http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs/selectaction.html
You do not have to use Struts tags with it, just HTML. Works with
buttons, links and images. Consider it an improved
LookupDispatchAction.

The library also allows you to build a robust wizard component.

--
Struts Dialogs
http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs