--- "Kelly.Graus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> newton.dave wrote:
> I tried turning on devMode (added <constant name="struts.devMode"
> value="true" /> to my struts.xml file), but I didn't see any change.  I'm
> thinking that in itself is indicative of a problem.  I'm using Eclipse to
> publish and test this application, and I'm somewhat confused as to the
> directory structure that is needed for everything to be published
> correctly.
> Here is my directory structure:
>
> TermsTranslator
>      WebContent
>           META-INF
>                context.xml
>           WEB-INF
>                applicationContext.xml
>                web.xml
>                tiles-defs.xml
>                classes
>                     struts.xml
>                     application.properties

That seems fine at first glance.

I'd still recommend throwing in the config-browser [1] and visiting
/$YOUR_CONTEXT/config-browser/index.action and seeing how S2 thinks your app
is configured.

> One thing I've noticed is that when I change my struts.xml file, Eclipse
> doesn't think that the application needs to be republished.  In my previous
> project (just Struts 2), anytime struts.xml changed Eclipse would show that
> the server needed to be restarted.

You're right; that's suspicious... it should throw up some log messages
within several seconds of changing the struts.xml when devMode is turned on.

> Is there somewhere in the log when the server starts up that shows if it's
> even using my struts.xml file?

Very close to the top of the startup log messages you should see xwork2
messages saying it's loading struts-default.xml, struts-plugin.xml, and
struts.xml.

Dave

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/config-browser-plugin.html