Hi Tomek,

I was finally able to narrow this down to the org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletTransport.getServiceURL() method.

I'm not sure that what I was seeing is technically a bug in XFire. Our SSL is configured at the hardware level, in a load balancer. As such, Apache and Tomcat aren't even aware that the connection is encrypted (which it isn't behind the load balancer).

What appears to be happening is that HttpServletRequest.getScheme() returns http under this circumstance.

Perhaps this could be added to the set of possible configurable properties in the future?

In the meantime, I made a custom version of this class to replace the http with https, and I'm up and running again.

Thanks,
Andrew

Tomek Sztelak wrote:
Hi Andrew,
Can you create jira issue with this ? I'll take a look at it some time later.