On Mar 1, 2011, at 13:13 , webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

> On 03/01/2011 05:50 AM, James Wilde wrote:

> <snip>
> Please do not take this the "wrong" way.  Would you let me know what
> dictionaries are installed with the UK and Swedish versions of the language
> packs.  There should be only one for the UK but Swedish has a version for
> Finland as well.  I found that one while I added my list of all the "known"
> dictionaries on the last three-quarters for the extension page for the North
> American DVD project.
> http://www.lungstrom.com/libreoffice-dvd-project/LibreOffice-disc-North-American-DVD/extensions.html
> I am wondering if the Swedish pack installs the thesaurus, spelling
> dictionary, and the Finland version.  I found these as separate add ons and
> wonder if the spelling dictionary and thesaurus shows up separately in the
> Extension Manager.
>
> I just got a "bug" in me about the dictionaries for LibreOffice.  When I
> "tested" it on my Vista laptop [which I rarely use for "office suite work"] I
> used the "all language" version and installed 5 or more extra languages.  It
> seemed that I got a dictionary for the entire language list in the custom
> install.  Not just the languages I installed, but the whole list.  I am glad
> that we get to choose language packs with Linux, but my Ubuntu desktop keeps
> giving a dependency error for a .deb that I have installed but it wants en-GB
> instead of the file name en-gb.  So I cannot check out what Linux installs.

Is there a wrong way to take a request for help?  ;)

I'll be happy to do what I can if you can tell me where and/or how to look.  I
fired up my ubuntu box again, and the best I could find was a list of files in
the various language packs, and a number of .deb files which dpkg -l refused to
do anything with.

On my Mac box I have apparently moved or even re-moved the packages I
downloaded.  I have, however, opened /Preferences/Language Settings/Writing
Aids, and all I can find under User-defined dictionaries are:

AM-english [English (UK)]
Personal English [English(UK)]
Personal Swedish [Swedish (Sweden)]
standard [All]
oracle [All]
soffice [All]
IgnoreAllList [All]

I have earlier been told that the Chinese language pack does not include a
dictionary, which perhaps explains the lack in this list.  But it does not
appear that I have loaded a Finnish dictionary.  Come to that, the Swedish one
appears to be a Personal dictionary, which I assume to mean it consists of
words that I decide to add if the search can't find them.

Actually I'll d/l the Mac versions from the LibO site and see if I can expand
them and let you know.  And I daresay I can d/l the linux versions, too, and
see if there is any difference.

//James