James,

Thanks for the very clear post on the subject.  I have no problem with a
delay of minutes to an hour -- nothing is so important it can't wait a
few minutes.  So, I'll not change anything for now.

Instead, I'll try to figure out this gmane thing.  I've been subscribed
to:
gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.documentation

for a few months, but there are never any updates to it, so something
needs to get fixed.

Dave,

--
  dave boland