On 2012-07-16 15:09, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:

> I see.
>
> You could also try on fresh user profile. Run something like this from
> command
> line:
> /opt/path/to/soffice -env:UserInstallation=file:///tmp/lo/
> (Please note that this is "file://" protocol and then absolute path to
> directory)
> If it works, then we will at least know that this is something in your LO
> profile and not package problem.

Good suggestion. Tried it, but I am sorry to say it change things. Just
to be sure I also tried with a complete new user on the system. Same result.

> What GUI (Qt, GTK, X11) did you use?

I am running KDE (thus Qt) with the GTK+ Appearance package on top of it.

> On my test, I have tried pure X11
> (I didn't bother to install desktop integration packages).
> You can use different GUI than default with OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP variable.

I use SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen to get the same effect.

> As far as I remember, GTK uses different, hardcoded in source code Xcompose
> sequences. This can be changed by GTK_IM_MODULE environment variable. I have
> set it to "xim" to ensure that GTK apps uses the same sequences as other apps.
> But if that's a case, then LO from repository should also be affected, which
> you claim is not. So perhaps it won't help, but you can give it a try anyway.

Just to be sure I did try it anyway. Alas, no show.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Grx HdV