Hi :)
Is Disktrix UltimateDefrag free?  FOSS?  Lol, somehow i doubt it but i keep an
ear out jic.

I tend to use the inbuilt Windows one.  I don't really care enough anymore to
go beyond that.  When i did used to care i used  PerfectDisk.  it usually has a
1 month free trial and that was usually enough for me.  Nowadays i just really
prefer to just do a reasonably good job and since that is far, far ahead of the
way most systems are set-up i just settle for that.  I've even found a tendency
for ones in England to be set to US localisation and such.

If i want a fast system i just reboot into Gnu&Linux.  Windows has other
advantages but speed and security are not top of the list!

Eskimos have a lot of words for snow and ice because they see a lot of it all.
Windows has a lot of words for different security issues because it suffers
from tons of different things.  [shrugs]  I still use Windows quite a bit
though because when you know a thing's flaws it's usually easier to cope.  Like
going round to see a cat owner who insists their cat is always free of fleas,
you just know you are going to get bitten so you just deal with it.

 is) and you don't get the benefit of the different design teams interesting
work.