Hi,

With IPv6, one generally uses a /64 for all subnets, so that stateless
autoconfiguration (RFC2462) works.   It's prudent to maintain that
regardless.   Ideally your ISP should give you a /48, so you have ample
/64's to allocate.

You can use shorter prefixes on point to point links, but a /64 is also
commonly used there.

Tim