Thanks for all the replies! It has taken a while to digest, unfortuantely
I have some more questions.

I have a tunnel set up via BT Exact, the endpoint is on a Slackware Linux
box with two physical network cards. After bringing the tunnel up and
starting radvd I get the following addresses:-

eth0,
ipv4 62.232.4.232,
ipv6 fe80::260:8ff:fe4e:e594/10 link

eth1,
no ipv4,
ipv6 fe80::260:8ff:fe4e:e5c8/10 link
ipv6 2001:618:400:f045::/64 Global

sit0
fe80::3ee8:4e8/10 Link
2001:618:400::3ee8:4e8/128 Global

The eth0 fe80 is the link local address for this physical network, /10
seems a large allocation?
Same for eth1.

On eth1, the 2001:618 address is the /64 subnet for the allocation I have
via the tunnel, I am curious it ends in :: beacuse I would have thought
this was the ipv6 equivalent of the broadcast address. If it is, do I need
to put a host address on somehow?

On sit0, I have a 2001...../128, I asume this is the host address for the
end of the tunnel.

Turning to dns, the tunnel endpoint runs a dns service with BIND 9.1x, I
have added a AAAA address for phobos6.mediahub.co.uk to be the
2001:.../128 endpoint address. If I use nslookup and do a set type=AAAA,
it returns the correct answer, same for the CNAME www6, but if I just do
nslookup phobos6.etc from the command line I am unable to resolve
anything.
Also I have a name virtual host set up on apache 2.0x for the
www6.mediahub.co.uk, again on the tunnel endpoint pc. The config file is
syntactically correct (ie apachectl says so) but browser access time out,
and the logs seem to show no access has been made. (assuming I have the
logging going to the correct place).
I am assuming that because dns is failing to resolve, the browser doesnot
know where to go for the request. Also virtual hosting will only work for
names, so just using the raw ipv6 address gets nowhere.

Any comments welcome!!

Regards,
Andrew