On 18 March 2010 07:11, Perez Ronen <ronen.pe...@comverse.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to migrate a Java application built by Ant to Maven2. among
> other the build perform the following operations:
>
> 1) Running a javadoc doclet to find annotated Java files to be externalize
> later as web services
> 2) compile a small part of the code for step 3
> 3) run Axis java2wsdl on the compiled code from step 2
> 4) produce java code with wsdl2java on the wsdl files from step 3
> 5) compile the entire code

Steps 2-3/4 sound like they should be in a separate module.

If you move them to a separate module (or two) you can leave things like the
compiler plugin bound to the compile phase.

By trying to keep things as a single module you are fighting Maven.... and
that is not "the Maven Way"... you will have a much easier time if you give
in and put them in a separate module.

-Stephen