From: Alexander Kriegisch <alexan...@kriegisch.name>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 12:41 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: maven debugging frustrations

CAUTION: This email originated from outside our organisation -
alexan...@kriegisch.name Do not click on links, open attachments, or respond
unless you recognize the sender and can validate the content is safe.
Hello Mark.

Feel free to let me know if your situation is as follows:
  -- forked build (i.e. not in process)
  -- when disabling the fork and enabling "-e" or running the build with
     javac directly outside of Maven, suddenly error messages appear at
     the end of the build
  -- optionally (not necessarily) using a JDK locale other than English
     (e.g. javac in JDK 21 comes with localised messages in Chinese,
     Japanese, German)
  -- optionally (not necessarily) using an annotation processor

I recently had the symptom of build errors with forked compiler swallowing
error messages and scratched my own itch by adding a PR to Plexus Javac which
for me solves the problem. If your problem happens to be the same category, you
would be the perfect sentient test particle for
https://clicktime.symantec.com/15siFBZrUArbTHh6FWx5d?h=_vziVdl8fIA-_du7fPQDmEDaVPK6D7XlieIqn88Lnv0=&u=https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-compiler/pull/337.
 I can advise you how to get that running in your project.

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://clicktime.symantec.com/15siL1m8vnYBsEX1o5MEF?h=EIrFDp-q7MAJaGlzS3rT2Qpp_OrLzsXNXIASmesIlO4=&u=https://scrum-master.de

mark.yagnatin...@barclays.com.INVALID schrieb am 20.12.2023 05:27 (GMT +07:00):

> Indeed, if there were ACTUAL error messages from the java compiler,
> this would be far less mysterious :) The trouble is that there are NOT
> any error messages coming from the Java compiler. There are a few
> warnings (from javac), followed soon after by "Compilation failure"
> (from maven, NOT from javac)

This message is for information purposes only. It is not a recommendation,
advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service, nor an
official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are
professionals and is intended for the recipient(s) only. It is not directed at
retail customers. This message is subject to the terms at:
https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/web-and-email-disclaimer.html.

For important disclosures, please see:
https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/sales-and-trading-disclaimer.html
regarding marketing commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading desks, who
are active market participants;
https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/barclays-global-markets-disclosures.html
regarding our standard terms for Barclays Corporate and Investment Bank where
we trade with you in principal-to-principal wholesale markets transactions; and
in respect to Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific
issuers, see: http://publicresearch.barclays.com.

If you are incorporated or operating in Australia, read these important
disclosures:
https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/important-disclosures-asia-pacific.html.