Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> scm-local was developped for tests and it's used in some case when a scm
> provider isn't available
> like dynamic-view support for Clearcase.
>
> It's a very simple provider that copy file from sources directory, but it
> can't know if some files
> are deleted because it doesn't have some metadata that can inform it.
>
> The only possibility you have for the moment is to remove the checkout
> directory and run a new
> build. But the best way would be to add dynamic-view support in clearcase
> provider. Only clearcase
> users will can add this features because we don't know clearcase and we
> don't have access to a
> clearcase server.

Hello Emmanuel,

thanks a lot for your answer. A ClearCase dynamic view looks like a normal
filesystem, so I think scm-local in principle is a fine solution. I think
there wouldn't be much what a dedicated dynamic-view support in the
Clearcase SCM provider could add.

Couldn't the scm-local adapter consider all files that are in the checkout
dir but not in the source dir as deleted? This should be easy to implement
and do the job.

Best regards,
Arne