Alexander Christian wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:40:57 +0100, Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Alexander Christian wrote:
Hi there,

I successfully used MINA with TCP transport. Now I want to be able to
use
UDP too. But it seems, that messages above 2048byte size, are not read
properly.

What if you set the buffer size to something bigger ? For instance, 10k :

Exactly the same problem. -> Did not solve the problem. At least not for
messages above 2048 bytes. Even if it would work "as a workaround": What
would happen if the next message is above 10k?!

For TCP it work's quite well. Messages are splitted into several pakets if
the message is too big. And the cumulative thing with the
ProtocolCodecFactory sum's up, until enough bytes are present.

But in this case, several bytes are not received. Strange behaviour from my
point of view ...
Well, you are experiencing UDP packet less, which is something quite usual with UDP, as it's not a reliable transport.

The thing is to determinate why the packets are lost.

Can you check that ? (http://www.29west.com/docs/THPM/udp-buffer-sizing.html explains how to do that)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com