Alexander Christian wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:43:56 -0200, "Andres Martinez Quijano"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
MINA can't do anything about it, it's the underlying transport. What
MINA does is let you swap transports very easily, use TCP and forget
about that problem

It's not an application what I'm writing, it's a library that work's like
RMI. And I wanted to enabled the developer to choose between TCP and UDP.
But now it seems that for UDP I need a "specialized" protocol codec or
filter that's able to ensures the correct order and reliable transport of
pakets.
Exactly. You buy speed by having an unreliable transport. That's somehow fair, if you can accept loosing packets (for instance to transmit voice or video, as you can fill the blanks ...).
So, for now I stick to TCP and postpone UDP support to a future release.
That's sound also a good idea :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com