Hi,

I need to include the rendered html output from a myfaces jsf page in an old
jsp page (not a jsf page!). Unfortunately it's not possible to use a jsf
page at this point. It's a jsp/servlet framework application which is used
during developement to test the output of portlets in tomcat - custom jsp
tags include the rendered portlet output into a template jsp containing
"grids" (divs).

Now we want do change the portlet development to JSF (myfaces), but it's
still required to use that test framework. For jsf portlets we will use the
"MyFacesGeneralPortlet".

My first attempt was to use a jsp include, but it didn't work.

<jsp:inlcude page="jsf/test.jsf"/> results in a
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been
commited

What I need is an include  and not a forward. Is it possible to store the
rendered jsf ouput  in a PhaseListener (RENDER_RESPONSE phase) in the http
request and then include it with a jsp custom tag in the page?
Is this the right approach? How do I get the rendered html output (as
String?) from the FacesContext?

Thanks in advance!
Alex