Thanks again Volker... sorry for this stupid question, but can you please
tell me, how to get the html content as string out of the ResponseWriter?

facesContext.getResponseWriter() gives me an HtmlResponseWriterImpl with a
JspWriterImpl which includes  the desired content in a char array, but I
can't access the JspWriterImpl.

TIA