I'll review this closely once again when I get back to this system tonight
- thanks very much for your reply, Isha.

I also feel I need to look more closely in nifi.properties, at values I
have set for keys nifi.security.identity.mapping.[value, transform,
pattern].CN1

I noticed some odd behavior and suspect it is a reflection of an issue I
have not set properly in my configuration:
The first time I started my 2.0 instance with my Initial Admin Identity
defined as shown, the UI in my browser actually presented me with a list
(of one) Personal cert to select from - the cert for admin2. I was in a
happy place: *finally*, nifi and the browser appeared to be in synch for
the Subject name in the cert.

I selected this cert, but then was crushed by the rejection mentioned above:
     Unable to view the user interface. Contact the system administrator.
     Insufficient Permissions     home

I restarted nifi so I could "tail -f" nifi-app.log.
After restart, I once again tried to hit my NiFi URL.
This time though, the browser failed to present the admin2 cert for
selection.  Shouldn't it have still presented that to me in the browser fro
my selection?
Do you have any thoughts why this behavior is occurring?

Would you say it is it advisable to manually create by hand an
authorizations.xml file should I continue to experience Insufficient
Permissions problems? I recall reading that users.xml and
authorizations.xml - if absent at initial startup - should be created by
nifi from info in authorizers.xml. But this Insufficient Permissions makes
me suspect something is missing from authorizations.

Jim