I have found that in using any word processor to "write" HTML files many extraneous, unneeded, and sometimes even unwanted tags are generated. The work-around that I use is to generate a file using the word processor and then edit it with a text processor such as WordPad in Windows. I can't say about Mac's because I have never used one. You can see an example of the results of my method at www.considerthis.net.

Buck

-----Original Message----- From: mt
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 11:16 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenOffice Writer/Web how to add lists without paragraph

tags.

Hi,

My understanding is that you can only "export" any OO Writer
document as an HTML file. For this, you would add normal
formatting as for any Writer document, without worrying about
HTML tags.

I suppose you might then be able to change the tags to your
liking - but for this, and if you want to manually write HTML
files, you are probably better off using a text editor, such as
BBEdit/TextWrangler on a Mac.

That's my experience anyway.

marina