Hi Keyur Parikh,

Keyur Parikh schrieb:
Hi,
   I am trying to write a new Web document (html) file. As soon as I select
unnumbered list ( <UL> <LI> ) it adds the <P> tags to it which causes extra
spacing when viewing in the browser. I do not want the <P> tags in the
lists ( <LI> ). In the open office it shows just as newlines without
spacing but in browser it shows the spacing.
Is there any way to avoid adding the <P> tags in the lists ???

Do not try to use Writer/Web for this task. It generates old fashioned, not really good HTML code. There is currently no volunteer to maintain it, so expect no improvement in the near future.

Also just found out that to add a line break (<BR>) : need to type
<Shift><Enter> : this is not documented anywhere. ( In fact hardly found
documentation for html documents in the manual is there any online version
for this manual ? ).

For simple structured documents you get a better result, when you use the normal Writer and use styles, and export the document to XHTML.

Obviously you are able to read HTML, therefore even a simple editor with only syntax-highlighting will work better for you than Writer/Web.

Kind regards
Regina